How much is a lesson and how long?
Lessons are charged at £15.00 for a half hour or £30 for an hour. It is possible to book a term of 6 lessons for £90. A schedule of lessons can be put together to suit your needs.
Where does John teach drums?
John teaches from his fully air conditioned studio in Filton, north Bristol. Very easy to find, it is just off a main road, Filton Avenue.
What is Drumsense?
Drumsense is a nationally acclaimed drum tuition programme that makes it a lot more fun to learn the drums and reading drum music at the same time. You get to play along to music and also get to see drum techniques, tips and charts in multiple formats to understand things more clearly. For more information, please visit the Drumsense website here.
What styles of drumming can I learn?
John teaches most popular styles from rock/pop/jazz/latin etc incorporating the essential rudiments required to execute these genres.
Will I be learning in a group or on my own?
John teaches one-to-one, so there’s no embarrassment, you get quality time on the drums and dedicated instruction with no distractions.
Do I need any experience or drumming grades?
There is no experience needed for learning with John, and the Drumsense programme combines with John’s easy going nature will mean you’re playing great beats in no time!
When am I able to book lessons?
You can book lessons from Monday to Saturday, from the hours of 9am to 7.30pm on weekdays and 9.30am ’til 12.30pm on Saturdays.
What should I do if I need to cancel a lesson(s)?
Cancellations of lessons will mean loss of the lesson unless a rearranged time can be found to make the lesson up.This excludes anual holidays.
What are your terms and conditions?
- Tuition fees are payable in advance for six lessons.
- Any student who cannot make a lesson other than a pre-arranged holiday should inform me to rearrange a lesson if I have a slot available.
- Any lesson that fall on a pre-arranged holiday will be carried forward to the returning week.
- Illness, prior engagements, unforeseen situations etc will result in the loss of that lesson.
- Unfortunaely if a student arrives late for their tuition the lesson will be of a shorter duration.
- Parents of younger students should be ready to collect their child on time as I have no facility to supervise them after their lesson.
- Gift vouchers for lessons are avalable. Vouchers are non-refundable.